lifes a beach

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

South Carolina


a small lake in the city of Lexington
On the Governor's grounds




the boardwalk leading to the Atlantic Ocean

Bathing Beauties.
Andy walking Stella out to play in the waves
At Lake Murray
Our last night fling at the ice cream parlor
Julie and Brandon, Jeramiah and Andy
Julie Michelle Melissa
Me with Karen R.

Well geez, I'm back from South Carolina. I had such a fun time. Especially since Michelle
and Julie got to come with me. That just made it more fun. And I know Melissa was
happy to see them too. Anyway, we got back from our trip to Nauvoo, etc. and had a
day and a half at home, then off to the airport we went. My dear friend Karen R. left her
car at the airport so I didn't have to rent a car, and let us stay in her home while she and
her family took a trip to Ohio. How generous and giving is that? VERY !! Anyway, our
first day there, Andy showed us around Columbia, SC, where he goes to law school, we
saw the Governors mansion and grounds, went to a bookstore where we bought some
University of South Carolina gear, and met up with some ward members (where Melissa
and Andy will be living) . We played some Rock Band, and went to dinner.
Then the next day we headed to Charleston and went shopping on King Street, and
drove around "Battery" where there were some pretty "southern" homes, then went to
the Isle of Palms and went in the Atlantic Ocean. That was something I really wanted to
do. It was warm!! It was great seeing Andy play with Stella in the waves. Andy makes
life pretty exciting for little Stella. And she LOVES it. Then we went to dinner at Baja
Fresh and got bit by fire ants in the parking lot. I still have weird sores on my feet.
The next day we went to Lake Murray to swim and enjoy the beauty. And Beautiful
it was. So close where Melissa and Andy live. I loved swimming in the water there.
Then that evening, Melissa went with Andy to a work party, and Julie, Michelle and I
went to the South Carolina Junior Miss pageant. It was fun to see how one of those
pageants works, and fun to hear that southern accent. Then we stayed at the house
where Melissa and Andy will be living and played games with the Gilbert family and
stayed up till 12 or 1. Can't remember. We laughed and talked. (All very loudly I might
add).
The next day was church. It was fun to see someone from our stake who is serving his
mission there in South Carolina, and his first area is Melissa and Andy's ward. So we
talked with Elder Vallejo for a bit. That night Andy made us Spaghetti. YUM. And
that night the Rozmus' came back home. It was good to see them. Karen brought her
parents down for a visit, so I got to meet them. They had let Michelle and Noelle stay
at their home one night when they were driving across the country. Sweet people.
The next day we went with Melissa to a wedding shop where she wanted Michelle to
look at the pretty dresses there. Andy got off work early that day, so he spent the rest
of the day with "us girls". I think we went shopping at a couple of different stores, and
went to dinner with the Rozmus' to enjoy our last night there in South Carolina. Then
we went for ice cream to finish off the night. It's darn hard to leave my daughter and
family, so far across the country. = (
Sweet Karen drove Michelle, Julie and I to the airport in Charlotte, NC the next morning.
I owe that woman. We had a blast and loved our time in "The South", but it's always
nice to get back home. Thanks for the Memories, Smiths, Rozmus' and Gilberts.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a bunch of cute Carolina Girls! seriously there's nothing like the carolinas. very cool!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip. I love going over to the south. I told Nick abouth Michelle wanting to go sailing. He is excited about it. He has a late flight tonight so he wont go into work until 4:00. He will be around all morning if you guys want to call him to set up plans.

The Cherry Family said...

looks like you had fun! glad you got to go out and see them. hopefully stella recognized you girls from just having seen her.

Sandy: said...

Looks like a lot of fun and exciting times. You have had quite the exciting summer, my dear. Hey, come down to visit me and hang out at the beach. Call me sometime.

Elizabeth J. said...

How fun that you were able to go see Melissa with the girls. I am still waiting for my mama to come out to Iowa to see us! Hopefully soon...what with a new baby on the way :)

Your girls are sure beautiful. I always knew how georgous Melissa was, but the other two are getting more beautiful every day!

Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog. It's so fun to keep tabs on people this way!

HOTWATERBEACH said...

Making me jealous. Looks like you all had fun. Hope the family is good. Can't wait for our winter to be over here. Bet your grandbaby's are getting big. Our little boy is not to little anymore. Say hi to the family for me.

Dean, Khali and the boys

NoNo said...

cute. cuuuute. CUTE! I love this family!

Da Bergs said...

I LOVE the board walk, it looks like the one we walked on the east coast, isnt it interesting how diff. it is from our beaches? Looks like you had a GREAT time!