lifes a beach

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Stella's second birthday





Stella's first kiss "Nehemiah"





First a disclaimer. Melissa doesn't have internet access
right now, so she asked me to post these pictures for
her. These photo's were taken of Stella's second birthday
party. We had it at Lake Murray (where a very dramatic
event took place which I might mention at a later date)
and Melissa made a totally "awesome" cake. I LOVe
that she has such a creative knack/eye/talent..... etc.
etc. Melissa got a little help from Julie in cutting
up some of the "ocean" designs.
It was SO hot that day. We were afraid of the cake
melting, and sure enough, the cute sculpture of Stella
sagged after a while in the heat. I was just happy to be
there to enjoy the day with Stella. I think I have the
best grandchildren ever.!!!!

4 comments:

partypatt said...

Another great time together for your family. You must be so happy!

heather said...

yay! happy birthday Stella! Looks like a grand ol' time. I can't believe she is two! i remember when she was born! how time flies!!!! Blonde (sorry, hard habit to break!) did a FANTASTIC job with the cake! the girl has skillz! love to all of you!!!

The Cherry Family said...

Awesome Cake! Looks like it took a lot of time to do. The things we do for our kids. I'm bummed Melis doesn't have internet. What happened? what's the time frame to get it back, or are they? What was this dramatic event? I can't believe Stella is 2 either, I remember sitting out in the waiting room with you, Julie and Michelle. Soo fun. Wish our girls could have birthday parties together!!

Miss Heather said...

Fun photos jonelle!! Love the cake Melissa!! Happy Birthday Stella--she is soooooo beautiful!!