lifes a beach

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 1 My travelogue of Our Switzerland and Paris trip


Julie in front of the sign at the airport




Julie and I In a little eatery at the airport.


Julie and Mel at the same little eatery. We shared a drink (soda)
and a little sandwich.

Mel travels...Mel travels the world. Joneel didn't use to travel.
But Joneel travels more now. Every year Mel travels to
Switzerland for business. I've always heard how beautiful
it is there, and how nice Switzerland is. So, I figured in my
mind that someday I would go there with Mel. Well, in
December 2003, Michelle beat me to it. She went with
Mel to Switzerland, so I decided that Michelle couldn't
be the only only one that got to see the country, so I told
Mel that I would like to go and we may as well take Julie
with us. So, that's what we did. My only stipulation was
that I didn't want to go in the Winter. My Mom had taken
me to England and Scotland in the Winter, and I didn't want
to do something like that again. So, Mel was able to arrange
our trip for April 3-14. The first day pictures are just from
the Los Angeles airport. We left on Saturday, April 3, 2010
at 6:25 p.m. bound for London, Heathrow, continuing on to
Geneva, Switzerland.

2 comments:

Partyof9 said...

I've been to Geneva! In like, 1987.
My dad was in the military and that is when we lived in Italy for 2 1/2 years. We drove up to see my Uncle who lives in France and we drove over to Geneva.
Most of my travels in Europe have been by car/train.
My uncle got me some really cool leather boots in Geneva. :)

Hope you guys had a wonderful time. I'm sorry that you weren't in California while we were there. We arrived at LAX on the 4th.

Can't wait to see more pictures!

Sandy: said...

Day 1 sounds like fun...so where are the rest of the days??? (jk) :) You must be suffering from a little jet lag, my dear, ay? That is the only bad thing about traveling to Europe. I sure would love to go back there sometime. I love Europe. Do tell about the rest of your trip!