lifes a beach

Thursday, November 1, 2007

My trip to South Carolina



Wow, I did it. I flew to North Carolina, then drove to South Carolina to see my baby and her baby. It is amazing what we will do to see our kids and grandkids. I'm not much of a flyer, even
though I have to say, that I get calmer after the initial take-off. And as long as the turbulence isn't too great, I can handle it. I had a lot of fun seeing Stella again, and of course I always enjoy my time with Melissa. Oh, and Andy. = ) I like to be able to visualize where they are living and the places they go when I am talking to them. I never dreamed I would go to South Carolina. I almost felt like I was in a foreign country, just because I never thought I'd step foot in the state. Not that I have anything against it, just never thought I'd go there. (I'm funny that way) It was
rainy the first few days, then it got nice. I'm looking forward to going back again and possibly seeing some of the touristy things. Charleston, Myrtle Beach. But I'm hoping I'll have more of my family with me next time. It was also very nice to see Karen and Chadd and their kids while I was there. They have been so good to 2 of my kids now.


Melissa and I spent some time looking at apartments. We went to Andy's school. We enjoyed "doing lunch". (And dinner) But truthfully, I could be happy just spending time with my daughter doing just about anything. And being able to hold and kiss Stella was the icing on the cake!!

Andy, Melissa and Stella, I love you all and miss you already!!! MUAH!

2 comments:

Andy and Melissa said...

Oh...we love you and miss you already too! I am so glad you could come, and that your trip was safe. Now I just can't believe that I am going to be flying in two months. My turn to worry=(

Larsen Family said...

hey thanks...your granddaughter is pretty cute herself. I am glad you were able to go visit Melissa. I miss my mom a lot too! It's hard to have a baby and not have your mom around!