lifes a beach

Friday, March 14, 2008

"Magic" kingdom





Anna with Sam on his very first Disney ride, The Jungle Cruise
Wow, where do I start? A couple of weeks ago my daughter Michelle and 3 of her
friends decided they wanted to come to California to go to Disneyland. They asked
Noelle's uncle if he could sign them in. He told them that he was blacked out that day,
so he couldn't sign them in. So we asked our very good friends if they could sign them
in, plus me and my daughter in law, and they said "Yes". Well, the first group got there,
and we are going through the gate, and the guy says "I'm sorry, but you are blacked
out today". I thought "No Way, this can't be happening, My Michelle and friends drove
from another state just to go, and I brought my daughter in law, and two grandbabies
so they could go for the very first time. We were "distraught". Well, Julie had her ticket,
so she took Grace in because there was no way we were bringing her there and not
letting her go on at least a few rides. While they were in the park, my mind went to
working, and made a few phone calls, asked one of the sweet friends if she wouldn't
mind giving us her "comp" tickets, and she was willing. So the traveling college students
only had to split the cost of 2 tickets to get in. We got them at a discounted price. YAHOO !! Then I worked a little monetary magic (Thanks to my very sweet hubby) and got my
daughter in law and myself into the park. It didn't end up like we thought it was going to,
but we ended up having a good day afterall. Lesson learned......
check for black-out days before traveling 9 hours to go to the "Magic Kingdom"

1 comment:

Sandy: said...

I'm so glad that you all got to go in. How sad that it was such a hassle. My very resourceful cousin does it again!! (hey, what does "monetary magic" mean??)