lifes a beach

Saturday, May 3, 2008

You want us? As Host parents?

Wow, it's over. Our very first time as host parents for Stake Youth Conference. And....
We had a great time. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about being host parents,
but I asked Melissa what one of her favorite memories was from Youth Conference,
and she told me that she loved when the Schaumans let them make brownies and put
corn in it, and they made it into "interesting" shapes and dropped it off on front door
steps. And she loved t.p.ing, which I wasn't into. And thankfully they had asked us
not to do that. = ) But Robin and Allan F were paired up with us, and they came over
last night, and the boys and girls had a fun time playing games. I'm also glad that
Michelle was home, and could help us out with game ideas. They played "What if"
and really seemed to like that. They made cards for the convalescent home they
were going to visit, and we had lots of "junk food".

Today at the convalescent home, Mel and I talked to several people there, and it was
a real treat. One man, who had never married, kept telling me "It goes by so fast"
He was trying to tell me to live life to the fullest. Enjoy each day. He was from
Greece. His name was John G. His hospital room mate was a really really sweet
guy that Michelle talked with at great length. His name was Claude. He really loved
golf. Michelle was so glad that she talked with him, and heard his story.

The testimony meeting was great. It's so nice to see that the youth were touched
by doing service. Then it was the good-bye's. And now Julie and Michelle are at
the "after party". YOUTH, gotta love em.


The guys we were paired with, and the girls that we hosted
Had to post this. Michelle had a lot of fun with these young men. Or
should I say they had lots of fun with her.

Here's Julie with some of her friends, and some of the boys they got to spend time with

2 comments:

Andy and Melissa said...

How fun. Sue looked like she had a fun group. I'm glad it went well:)

NoNo said...

Michelle I thought your specialty was 8 year old boys, But I'm glad to see that you are broading your horizons and going for 16 year olds too.