lifes a beach

Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year Surprise/ dreaming of retirement




This morning between several different phone calls, Mel called me and asked me how
I'd feel about a new Tundra truck. Well, I'm O.K. with a new Tundra truck. Especially
if my hubby feels like it's o.k. to get one. Then he asked me if I was o.k. with getting
a Radiant Red one. Well, I was o.k. with that, because it was the only one left on the
lot for the great price that we got. So, here is our new truck, and now that we have it,
Mel may get even more anxious for retirement. We are both joking that he decided to
buy it because now there is another male in the family, and Mel needed a way to
celebrate. = ) So we are thinking of naming the new Truck----Uncle Sam
One, after our new grandson, and two, because all but one of our cars since we've
been married have been Red, White and Blue. Makes sense, don't you think?

5 comments:

Sandy: said...

So cool!!! So, is this what he is driving?? Or you?? You guys are so funny with all your Toyotas. It looks like you'll definitely be noticed with this one!!!

Sandy: said...

Looks very nice sitting in your driveway!!

Unknown said...

That Rocks! It will look even better on the driveway sitting next to a new boat as well!

Brenda said...

You're too funny! Sweet ride Mel!

Andy and Melissa said...

Sweet truck. Uncle sam looks pretty sweet and I want a turn driving it. Not in any parking lots or drive thrus - but maybe a large open field. You'll have to get a 5th wheel now so you can drive it out this summer and spend some good chillin time. Don't worry - our parking lot is safe - or is it?